Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Puppy is home!

Since I made my goal yesterday to get my workout done as soon as I wake up from now on, I thought that it'd be a terrible start if I lounged around the first morning after making my goal. I did my 30 min workout on my elliptical. The workout is broken up into 2 minute intervals like this:

1-2 min: resistance 2 rpm 55
2-4 min: resistance 3 rpm 55
5-6 min: resistance 5 rpm 60
7-8 min: resistance 7 rpm 50
9-10 min: resistance 4 rpm 65
11-12 min: resistance 6 rpm 60
13-14 min: resistance 8 rpm 50
15-16 min: resistance 3 rpm 70
17-18 min: resistance 5 rpm 60
19-20 min: resistance 7 rpm 55
21-22 min: resistance 4 rpm 65
23-24 min: resistance 6 rpm 60
25-26 min: resistance 8 rpm 50
27-28 min: resistance 3 rpm 55
29-30 min: resistance 2 rpm 55

It is a really good workout and I sweat profusely starting at the 5-6 min mark until the end. My favorite part of the workout is at the 27-28 min mark because that's the cool down and I'm pretty much done by that point. After that, I did 6 reps of 25 crunches and 4 reps of 25 tricep dips. I was done with my workout and shower by the time I had to take Noah to school (AJ doesn't have Preschool on Wednesdays) and it really felt like an accomplishment.


For breakfast, I ate a piece of 7 grain toast with a little bit of butter and an apple. For lunch, I ate a tuna sandwich with a pickle. For dinner, it was left over night. I had a bowl of beans with onions and sour cream. I haven't drank near enough water today. I'm only on my 4th 24 oz bottle.

After breakfast this morning, I took Kennady's "jamma's" as she calls them, off, took her potty into AJ's room and all 3 of us went in there to organize his room. It took us 2 1/2 hours! It was crazy how unorganized his toys were and how much trash was in his toy bins also. After everything was organized, I went through all of his clothes and took out all of the one's he's out grown. We filled up 3 diaper boxes with clothes and a few pairs of shoes. Next, I decided to rearrange his room and bring in framed super hero posters from Noah's room (I'll be doing Noah's room tomorrow so check back on that) since that is going to be the theme of AJ's room. Last year for AJ's 4th birthday, we did an avenger themed party  and Nicole and her boyfriend, (my husband's cousin) Josh, drew this skyline for the dessert table backdrop. I've been saving it so that we can put it up in his room and I finally got around to it today. It is such a cool art piece and AJ thinks it's awesome in his room! I still need to trim it and get some borders to go around it.
 
 
 
These are the pictures from AJ's party:
 
 
I made these masks for AJ's present
 
 
I made these capes for each of the kids
 
 
Jake and his sister, Jessica, trying on AJ's masks

 
The party set up
 
 
The cake was made by Connie Hall at Frosting on Top Cake Shop. She is AMAZING and has been making cakes for my parties for 2 years now. The first one she ever did for me was for my baby shower when I was pregnant with Kennady.


 
I forgot to post pictures of  Kennady's room after I organized it so here they are:

 
 
 
 
 Kennady went from 9:00 until 11:30 ish without an accident but she also didn't use her potty the entire time. I put a diaper on her for lunch time. After dinner tonight, I took her diaper off again and she's doing good. Still not using her potty but she is telling us that she needs to go and then she'll sit on her potty for a second and then get off and say, "no potty" I don't know about this!!! I think she might still be too young but she tells me when she goes in her diaper and asks me to change her so I figure she's ready.

We were able to bring Chase home today! If you missed what happened you can read all about it here. I was so excited when the vet called us. I was not so excited when I had to pay the bill, but ya gotta do what you gotta do. I brought his bed with us because I didn't think he'd be up to walking but WOW, I was wrong! The tech brought him out to me on a leash and he doesn't even have a bandage anymore. He was limping a little bit but he was walking on it. He will stick it out when he is standing still but for the most part you would never guess that anything is wrong. He was so excited to see me! He was licking my face and whimpering. It made me so happy.
 
 
 
I decided as apart of my post each day I'm going to put a little something that my grandma tells me so you guys can get a good laugh like I get to every day. This morning, she was talking to me about how she's never smoked before (she saw a picture of a family member that used to smoke) but her 5 brothers smoked all the time. She said that although her and her sister never tobacco or drugs, one time they went out into her dad's corn field in Mexico after the corn had dried and they smoked the corn cobs! She said that her dad came running to where they were because he saw smoke and she said it was the only time her dad disciplined her. Who thinks to smoke a corn cob!? haha!

I saw this on my Facebook feed just a while ago and thought it was pretty interesting. I think I've always thought like the one on the left but I really want to think like the one on the right. I'm going to really try to overcome thinking like the left because that is so limiting.


Ahhh! Kennady just used the potty for the first time!!!! Just a little bit but it's still a big deal!

 
Wishing you a goodnight, positive thinking, and a great Thursday!
xo,
Tristen

No comments:

Post a Comment