Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Day

I am a fan of the shows the Bachelor and the Bachelorette but I haven't watched this season with Juan Pablo but I loved Sean's season so I recorded and watched Sean and Catherine's wedding this morning before taking the boys to school. It was a really pretty wedding and everything was great about it but really, it made me think about my wedding. I looked at my wedding pictures and thought I'd share a few of my favorite ones.




I was still really sore this morning and I thought for a second about resting one more day but I've heard that the best thing to do when your muscles are sore is to workout again.  I decided to do my normal elliptical workout instead of the HIIT one I did the other day. After I did my 30 min cardio, I rushed down to the bus stop to get AJ, checked the mail where I got the lovely bill for my daughters surgery for tubes in her ears. Ugh! I hate medical bills. Anyway, when I got back home and got Kennady set up with lunch in her high chair, I did 6 reps of 25 crunches, 3 reps of 20 bicep curls with a 5 lb weight with each arm, and 3 reps of 20 tricep dips. OH WOW! My arms were killing me afterward.

 I drank 5- 24 oz bottles of water. Once again, breakfast got away from me. For lunch I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I had 1 cucumber for a snack. I made beans for dinner. I put 2 cups of beans in the crockpot and filled it up with boiling water, a hamhock, 1/2 an onion, 1 head of garlic with the top cut off, and 1 palmful of salt. I set it to cook on high for 4 hours only because I was pressed for time, normally I would've set it for 6 hours (they could've stood to cook for a bit longer) but they were still very good. Growing up, we always put sour cream in our beans and I still do to this day. I had made Spanish rice a few nights ago with green chile and it was too hot for my kids so we still had some left over which I added to my bowl of beans along with some cheese and onions. I cooked some corn tortillas on the stovetop burner also.

 



I got to hear from my brother who was called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to Brazil but he is serving in Mesa until he gets his visa. He's been out for 9 months. I love to get his emails and hear about what he's doing and the lives he's effecting. He has turned into a great young man! He was able to go to the Gilbert, AZ temple open house and he loved it. I really hope I'll be able to go as well.


I let Kennady run around without a diaper while I was doing my workout and she didn't have any accidents but she still isn't using her potty. AJ has been having some pretty huge meltdown's lately about everything. I don't know what to do about it. I try to calm him down, get after him, talk to him, and reason with him. I don't know what is going on with him or how to handle it.

Chase got his surgery done today and everything went great. We were able to go visit him. He is on pain medicine and will be until Wednesday morning so he was pretty lethargic. He perked up when I talked to him and loved on him though. We'll get to bring him home on Wednesday evening. He'll have to take it easy for 6 weeks (I don't know how to make a puppy "take it easy" but we'll figure it out), then he'll have to go back for x-rays in a month to make sure that he's healing good and then he'll get the pins out at the 6 week point. We were all really happy to see him and can't wait until we have him home again. Also, I don't know if his bandage could be any bigger but as long as he's getting better.

Not a whole lot happened today now that I see it all written out lol. I have laundry still sitting in the washer, dryer, piles in the hall, my bathroom still needs to be cleaned, my bedroom still need to be cleaned, and I still need to organize the kids rooms. However, I got my workout in and played with my kids so it was a good day.
Goodnight and have a great Tuesday!
xo,
Tristen

No comments:

Post a Comment