Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Organize, workout, and a shoutout to a great friend

I am on the go from the time the kids wake up until long after their asleep. So, in the morning, before Kennady wakes up and while my boys are getting ready for school I use that time to catch up on my DVR shows, read my scriptures, or craft ya know, just something for me. I feel like I could get a lot more done in my day if I would just do my workout as soon as I wake up at 6 am instead of doing nothing and having to get re-motivated after I take the boys to school. That is my new goal to get my workout done as soon as I wake up, shower, and get on with my day. If I can do that, I can get as much or more done during the day than before I started working out. I've really let my house work go and it's driving me crazy.

After I took the boys to school today and fed Kennady, I decided I'd put off organizing Kennady's room for way too long. I went through her closet and dresser and took out her shoes and clothes that no longer fit her. It is ridiculous how many clothes she has grown out of, some that she never even wore. I filled up 9 diaper boxes and a diaper genie box with all the things she's outgrown. Now she has so much more space in her closet and soooo many hangers. I thought I needed to go buy more but now I don't. I also took the glider and ottoman I had re-covered to match her room, out and I need to sell it. It was kind of an emotional moment for me. She is the last baby I'm going to have and now she doesn't need me to rock her to sleep. I'm enjoying the new things she is doing though. She loves to talk to me, she loves to use her imagination to play, she is telling me when she goes potty in her diaper, and she loves to color.

Once I was done with Kennady's room, I did my HIIT workout. I can't do push ups yet and I don't think I mentioned this in my previous post but where it tells you to do pushups I do more crunches (except the last set of 5 pushups I did squats instead). I added up the totals of this workout and here they are: Jumping Jacks- 275 Crunches- 185 Squats- 100! Jumping Jacks seem so easy at first and then when I hit 25, I really start feeling it. I feel the squats instantly and the crunches I really start feeling them at 25 also. During this whole workout I think, "I can't finish this. Keep going. I can't do it. You'll feel so good once you're done. I can't do it. YES I CAN!" It is a constant battle but I know I'll be so disappointed if I don't finish it so I push on. Today, when I was doing my jumping jacks, Kennady came up and touched my butt and laughed so hard! Then, she'd go sit on the couch and pretty soon she was right back to touching my butt and laughing. When I'm doing my crunches, she will lay by me and put her hands above her head and say, "1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16!" She is my workout buddy and is always asking, "What doing?" I'll tell her I'm working out and then she asks again. She is so funny. I had to go cool down outside because I was burning up after I was done.

Right after my workout, I got AJ off the bus and took a quick shower while he had a snack and Kennady had lunch. AJ is such a great helper with Kennady. I had to hurry and vacuum the living room because it was disgusting! My kids seem to ignore our "no eating in the living room" rule. My great friend (and my husband's cousin's girlfriend) came over with their baby who is 3 days younger than Kennady. It was so much fun to be pregnant at the same time as her. They are expecting their 2nd child in August and I am just as excited as if I were having another baby. Nicole has been with me through some of the worst days, weeks, months of my life and has seen me at my lowest and was always there for me. The most amazing part to me is that she still is there. After seeing all my craziness through the days when I used to drink, to me crying to her over Jake, from her and I not talking for months to picking up right where we left off, she is always there. There are very few people like that and she is the only person outside of my family that has been there and still is there for me through it all. Love you Nic! So, we both needed a play date and so did our kids. Kennady wasn't very nice to Stellan though and it made me so sad because Stellan is such a sweet-hearted little guy and Kennady is a bully. I had to put her in timeout several times and finally I just put her down for a nap. AJ loves playing with Stellan too so they played together the rest of the time and finally got out the "boy toys" (cars, trucks, tools etc.) Its so cute to see them play.


Not much else happened today aside from my Grandma coming over in the morning and in the evening. She tells me the same stories almost every time she comes over. She was talking to me today about a couple of men that have passed away recently in our community and it must have triggered something because she started talking about her father's passing. She told me that before he died when her and her siblings were visiting him in the hospital he told her that her mother, who passed before him, came to him and asked what is taking him so long and she is waiting for him. She said that as they were leaving the hospital a nurse came running after them and told them that he had just passed. I don't know how much of this story is true because of her dementia but it is a sweet sentiment nonetheless.

For breakfast today I had 1/2 cup of rasin bran crunch with a splash of 2% milk. Milk is a HUGE weakness for me and always has been. I used to drink 1-2 gallons of milk per week in high school and wouldn't gain a pound. I really have to watch how much I drink now. For lunch I had a small bowl of left over baked chicken spaghetti. For dinner Jake brought home subway. He got me a 6" Italian BMT (sooo fattening) on flatbread with tons of veggies. This used to be my go to sandwich so he figured it still was. I drank a diet coke with dinner as well. I had 6- 24 oz bottles of water so far today and am on my 7th.
 
Look at my cute little blogging buddy! "what doing mama?"
 
Have a great night and a great Wednesday!
xo,
Tristen

1 comment:

  1. Your subway sandwich wasn't that bad! Don't beat yourself up for it :) Interesting fact about their stuff, the wheat and italian bread actually has less calories than then flatbread! Also, if you skip the cheese you can't even taste the difference (my husband was shocked when he tried it) saves some extra cals and fat. Every little bit counts, your doing great!!!!! P.S. I hope Nicole has a girl!!!! So Excited!

    ReplyDelete