Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 1 Weigh in

As you've probably noticed, I gave my blog an overhaul, including a new name. I chose the name, REALizing Joy because I am a REAL mom, with REAL kids, a REAL husband, REAL weight issues, REAL setbacks, and REAL accomplishments. When I say REAL, I do so because I think a lot of people think that they shouldn't or can't start a blog unless they have something important to say. I love hearing about and reading real everyday people's blogs. I find it comforting to know that I'm not the only person going through these things and I like to get ideas on how I could handle my life in a different way if I need to. This blog helps keep me accountable, helps me decompress, and gives me a way to reach out to other REAL moms for answers or suggestions.

I woke up today feeling very anxious to weigh in. I am the type of person that needs to see results pretty quickly to feel like I'm doing a good job. I was pleasantly surprised with the results of my weigh in. Hopefully I can continue to keep the discipline I know it will take to see these types of results each week.

Sunday 1/19
Weight 158 lbs.
Measurements
Bust: 41 in.
Waist 40 in.
Hips 40.5 in.










Sunday 1/26
Weight 155 lbs. Lost 3 lbs.
Measurements
Bust: 40.5 in. Lost 1/2 in.
Waist: 39.5 in. Lost 1/2 in.
Hips 40.5 in. No loss

I am so sore today from my workout yesterday that I am waddling around like I just gave birth. Jake has been making fun of me all day. I still wore my 5 1/2 inch stilettos to church today but it sure made going up and down the stairs interesting. Hopefully nobody could see the pain I was trying to hold in. I didn't end up doing any cardio today because I can barely move. I did a lot of stretching and I did 6 reps of 25 crunches which are getting easier every day so hopefully I will be able to do a full sit up soon.

We go to church from 11-2 this year which is nice because we aren't rushing around in the morning to get out the door but it's right during nap time. Today Jake was home so I left Kennady with him so she could get her nap. My calling in church is to be the teacher of the 8-11 year old girls. I always procrastinate planning my lesson. Every week I say I'm going to plan it earlier but every week I find myself planning my lesson Sunday morning. Today was no different and I didn't end up eating breakfast again. I've got to break out of that habit and start eating breakfast! I drank 5- 24 oz bottles of water today. I had half of a tuna sandwich for lunch. Jake made dinner tonight which I was so thankful for. He went to the doctor when he turned 35 in November and found out that his cholesterol is 254 and it should be under 200! Ever since then he has been very mindful about eating healthy and has been a huge help to me with my eating habits.
He made Chicken Baked Spaghetti. It was so good! Also, I had a Diet Coke for dinner..... it was also so good lol!

I just saw some very sad news to our community on Facebook. A dear Coach, Bishop, Teacher, Friend, Father, Husband, and Role Model (the list could go on and on) passed from this life into the next. He truly touched so many hearts and lives. He had a huge effect on my family and I hope his family can find comfort in Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation during this difficult time in their lives. It is comforting to know that we will see our loved ones again someday. Cluff family, we love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Goodnight all and enjoy your Monday!
xo,
Tristen

1 comment:

  1. Good job!! It's always easier once you see results. Keep it up and you'll be where you want in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete