Sunday, April 27, 2014

Refocusing on REALizing Joy



The other day I was talking to my sister who is the blogger at Sweet Sunlight Style, and does an amazing job by the way, and she was telling me that working out and my journey to fitness is just a part of who I am and that since there is a lot more to me as a person I should blog about more than just my workouts and my progress. I agree with her and that is the main reason I chose the name for my blog that I did.
I went into detail in this post on the reasons for the name REALizing Joy but to sum it up, I find joy in little things, getting ready in the morning before I take the kids to school, watching TV with my husband after the kids have gone to sleep, seeing my kids working or playing nicely with each other, catching up with friends, crafting, practicing the piano, yard work, cleaning my house, planning parties, decorating, organizing, financial planning, dancing and singing crazy with my kids, the list could go on and on. My point is that I do a lot of things that bring me joy that others may not think twice about but also I am a real person. I have a hard time finding the joy sometimes. I have hard days. I have days that I don't clean my house. I have days that I get mad at my kids and husband. I have days that I stay in my pajamas all day. If you were to see my house right now you would think I never clean it, but tomorrow is another day and that is what I want to convey on my blog. I want to share all the ups and downs of being a wife, mother, friend, daughter, granddaughter, daughter-in-law, and woman. I get discouraged by silly things but I also find inspiration and motivation in silly things. I think to some degree we're all like that. I am going to use this space to share all different sides of me, not just the girl who wants to get fit and look great in a pair of jeans, not just the girl who worked out 6 days a week and ate great but also the girl who is honestly a food addict and always gets an injury when working out. I want to share all my great moments as a mother but also my not so great moments because I know we all have those. I want to help inspire people to do just a little better each day but I also want people to know that I'm not trying to portray myself as having all the answers. I love when someone can be REAL and that's what I want to be not only through this blog but in everyday dealings with people. I am excited to post tomorrow about my great finds at Target and some other little things. Thank you all who read and support me!

No comments:

Post a Comment