Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cheat/Rest Day

Today I woke up with a huge kink in my neck. After I took the kids to school, I put a heating pad on it for a while and it didn't help much so then I iced it and it still hurts! Long story short, I decided today is my cheat/rest day. I still watched what I ate for breakfast and lunch. For breakfast I had a Fuji apple with almond butter. For lunch I had a tuna lettuce wrap. For dinner, we had the sister missionaries over. I was going to make breakfast for dinner because I LOVE breakfast food and I don't get to eat it often. However, I only had 3 eggs and didn't have the time or energy to pack the kids up and go to town to get eggs so I decided to make chicken and waffles for dinner. It was so good!
Today we worked on potty training with Kennady. I just let her run around naked and take her to her princess potty we have in our living room every 10 minutes. She never has accidents but she is terrified of the potty. Her princess potty and the big potty. I thought if I put water in her princess potty it would make her want to use it but oh no! Complete opposite! She was screaming for me to take the "milk" (she calls all drinks milk) out of the potty. I even tried bribing her with suckers but it just made her mad that I wouldn't give her one until she used her potty. So I'm at a loss as to what to do now.  Jake made it home just as we were finishing dinner and we were all so happy to see him. Kennady is so sweet and misses her daddy when he's gone. She wouldn't let him out of her sight all evening. The boys were also trying to get attention from him so it was pretty funny to watch him do what I do all the time. I love how much she loves him.
On a sadder note, about 2 hours ago, Noah accidentally stepped on our puppy's, Chase, back right leg and broke it. I was able to get ahold of our vet and took him in. As soon as the Dr touched his leg he yelped so loud. So he gave him a tranquilizer so that he could feel where the break is and wrap it up until they can take x-rays tomorrow morning. He said that Chase has a spiral fracture starting at his knee joint going down his leg. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. I had to leave him there so that they can do the x-rays in the morning and try to get the surgery done tomorrow but He said that they probably won't be able to do it until Monday afternoon due to their surgery schedule already being booked. If they do the surgery on Monday, he'll have to stay until Wednesday. It was so sad leaving him there. I know they will take great care of him though and at least he'll be able to have pain medicine. Noah was very sad about hurting Chase and was freaking out at first. Jake said that when I was gone he went into Noah's room to check on him and he was still crying so as soon as I got home I went to let Noah know what the Dr said and loved on him for a bit. My other dog is a 6 year old Chihuahua named Arrow. When I came home without Chase, Arrow was looking all over for him and was following me around everywhere whining so I know he misses him and is wondering where he is. Life is definitely going to be odd for the next few days without Chase here.
 
 
Back to my workout and healthy eating tomorrow. Goodnight!
xo,
Tristen

No comments:

Post a Comment