Thursday, January 23, 2014

Crushed IT!

look at my gross hair!
It never fails, every time I commit to working out something happens. The last time I made this commitment was in August. I was working out with a friend named Rachel Bossio (Crawford). I was so proud of myself because I would wake up at 4:30 am and work out with her from 5-6. Then, I pulled a muscle in my groin! I had to rest up and recover and then I got bronchitis. It lasted for a month or so. I was really down yesterday and this morning because I was feeling terrible. I went back and forth on whether or not I should push forward and do my workout or if I should take it easy. After I ate breakfast, I jumped on the elliptical and crushed my workout! (I crushed it! lol I don't know where that came from but I got a good laugh)
I love this part of my workout!
Then, I did 6 reps of 20 crunches and stretched. I didn't do my obliques or squats today but at least I didn't give in to my excuses.
For breakfast this morning I had malt-o-meal with 1/2 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. brown sugar.
For lunch I had a salad again with spinach, lettuce, apples,cucumbes, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. so stinkin good!
For dinner I made tacos. My kids have been begging me for them. To make them healthier, I used lean ground turkey instead of ground beef and I baked the tortillas instead of frying them. I left them in the oven for too long the first time and burnt them so I had to do it again and I still left them in for a bit too long. They were still really good! I also made Spanish rice. When we would have tacos for dinner when I was little, my mom would make her a tostada and would just put sour cream and salt on it. I started doing it as well and I love it. I have to have it every time I have tacos so that was my cheat today.

I only drank 5- 24 oz bottles of water today.

After I did my workout, laundry, organized our linen closet, and put Kennady and AJ down for a nap, I spent most of the rest of the day resting. The kids didn't have school today because of parent teacher conferences. I went to Noah's PTC at 4:30. His teacher is so nice and really cares about him which is nice because sadly, there are a lot of teachers and adults who know Noah's reputation and make snap judgements of him or don't have any patience with him. He was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 4 years old and we have had him on a lot of different medicines since then and we take him to counceling and all that. He has come a looong way since then and I am very proud of him. He got straight A's in his academics. His behavior portion of his report card was and always is where he struggles. He is way above where he needs to be with his testing and is in gifted. He is a very smart boy and has so much potential! I just hope he realizes it for himself. If anyone has experience with children with ADHD and has suggestions for me, I'd appreciate it. My husband and I have tried everything we can think of to help him with his behavior and we just don't know what to do to help him excel in that area. Noah is so proud of his bracelets that he made!
 
One of AJ's chores is to feed and water the dogs. Kennady loves to help him so I tried to get a picture of them working together.





I finished one of my V-day wreaths today and will hopefully finish the other one tomorrow. I love how it turned out and yes, I got the idea from pinterest because I'm addicted to pinterest.


 
 
 
 
My sister pointed out to me that I didn't say much about where I got my Valentine's day décor that I posted yesterday so I'm going to repost those pictures.
I found this heart garland on Pinterest last year and finally made it.

I got these mini milk bottles with this chicken wire box from save-on-crafts.com last year to use for my daughter's first birthday party.

I got the white milk bottle, the pink jar, and the red hearts from hobby lobby and I've had the red vase for a long time.

The industrial style light is from Target, the wooden heart with the bird and the 3 wicker hearts are from hobby lobby

The 3 little vases are from Target's dollar section and they were each just $1! The clear milk bottle is from Hobby Lobby and again, I've had the red vase forever.

 
 
I love the final product! After decorating for Valentine's day, I think I should warn my husband that I'm going to be decorating for every holiday from now on!
Goodnight everyone and TGIF! Enjoy!
xo,
Tristen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment