Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kennady's 2nd Birhday Party!


WARNING!!!! THIS POST CONTAINS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF PHOTOS!!!!!

This year I had really high expectations for Kennady's birthday party because last year she was so sick for her party that everything I planned fell through. Kennady's actual birthday is this coming Friday but Jake has a work trip planned so we had her birthday party yesterday. I decided to go with a butterfly theme using blues and purples. I love rustic, shabby chic décor so I also used that style in her party. Some things I used were things I already had like the birdcage, the apple boxes, and the burlap and lace cloth. I made a few things like the ripped cloth and burlap backdrop, the happy
birthday sign, and I cut out the butterflies in the balloons. I bought everything else from Etsy, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, a local party supply store (Kathy's Discount Party Store), and Target. I started planning her party in January and slowly bought things from then until the party.

Picking the time of the party is so hard for me and I usually do them in the late morning but I'm always scrambling to get ready and get the house cleaned up (again because I have kids and the house is destroyed 5 minutes after I clean it), and get all the last minute details done by 10am. This time I decided to do the party from 2pm-4pm. I also planned it around Kennady's nap time because she is a monster if she doesn't get a nap. She refused to take a nap but she was actually great. Since we had the party in between luch and dinner time, we kept the food simple. We made PB&J's in the shape of butterflies for the kiddos, club sandwiches, veggies, fruit pops, jalapeno poppers, stuffed mushrooms, and chips and salsa and guacamole.

Originally, I wanted to set up a canopy in our back yard and have the party outside but we live up where it can get really windy and I just didn't want to take the chance so I set up the decorations and food inside like I always do and we set up 4 long tables and 2 kids tables outside for extra seating. It was such a nice day everyone was outside most of the time. I also had a flower planting station set up on a little round table on the back porch. After everyone ate, we helped the kids plant flowers. It was so cute watching them pick out which flower seeds they wanted. Kennady got a wildflower mix, Noah wanted columbines, and AJ wanted snappers (snapdragons). I have so many seeds left over I'm going to use them to plant flowers in my front yard. After we planted flowers everyone came inside and we did a butterfly drop which my friend, Nicole, sent to me on Pinterest. I stuffed 10 clear latex balloons with about 100 butterflies each I cut out of blue and purple tissue paper and we strung them up. I found these butterfly curtain clips on clearance at Target so I got those and used them to hang the balloons from. Jake popped them one at a time and the kids went crazy trying to catch them in their nets I got for them from the dollar section at target.

After the butterfly drop was present time! Kennady was so excited! She was squealing after every present she opened. She loves everything she got! She was so excited to open each present that I couldn't even read the cards. We got to read them all after the party though and she carried them all around with her.

Finally, we did the cake and sang happy birthday. I put wayyy too many candles on her cake but I loved it. The butterfly toppers I made for the cake were really close to the candles and one caught on fire haha! We got some great pictures though and you would never know. Connie from Frosting on Top Cake Shop (make sure to like her facebook page) made the cake and the mini cupcakes. She always does an amazing job! The inside of the cake was ombre and the cupcakes were chocolate with teal frosting. Not only were they beautiful but they were delicious! As soon as we were done singing to her and she blew out her candles, Kennady reached over and grabbed a cupcake. She had been wanting one since Connie dropped them off before the party started.

All in all, everything turned out great! I love the 2-4 time slot for a party now. Jake, Nicole and Jessica helped me so much. Without Jake I wouldn't have been able to do this at all. Nicole came over and helped me prep food, and Jessica got the paper and plastic ware that I completely forgot about! Thank goodness for family!

Party Details
Etsy : Wooden Coke bottle holders for the cupcakes
          Clear sandwich boxes
          Butterfly wooden spoons and forks

Hobby Lobby: Fabric for ripped backdrop
                        Marquee style "K"
                        Umbrellas
                        Chalkboard wine bottles
                        Table cloths
                        Butterfly décor
                        Tissue pom poms
                        Paper straws and lables for straws
                        Paper plates, napkins, and cups
                        Butterfly washi tape
                        Girl favor buckets

Target: Mini wooden crates for centerpieces
             Watering cans
             Mini buckets for straws, forks, and spoons
             Paper for Happy Birthday Banner
             Wings, Tutus, Fairy wands, butterfly nets

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but if I didn't mention something and you want to know where I got it just comment and I'll let you know.

Now for the overload of pictures!!!!
                      












 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Whew!!! That's all the pictures! I absolutely love looking at these. The party was fun, the company was great, and her reaction was priceless! I also uploaded videos taken throughout the party to my YouTube Channel. They're so cute! Thank you all so much for reading and all your support!
 
XO,
Tristen
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment