Friday, February 28, 2014

Surprise surprise!!!

Jake and I knew we wanted to get married before we were surprised with the news that I was pregnant with AJ we just didn't know when. I've always been excited to get married but I wanted him to do it when he was ready. A few hours after I had AJ, he gave me a ring and said, "Uh, this is for having our son and because I love you." I was really confused because I wasn't sure if it was a push present or if he was asking me to marry him but I  was overwhelmed with happiness about my baby so that was not the first thing on my mind. About a week later, we were laying in bed talking and I decided to ask him what it meant. I said, "so what is the ring all about?" He said, "I wanted to ask you to marry me but I got too nervous. So, will you marry me?" HAHA! Although it wasn't the traditional romantic, down on one knee, sort of thing, it pretty much sums "us" up.
center band alone
2 outer bands
In the back of my mind I wondered how we could afford any ring at all because we had just bought a house, I was on maternity leave (no income from me for 6 weeks), and we barely had any money left over after we paid our bills and bought groceries but I didn't ask questions. Come to find out, the woman we thought to be our "best friend" at the time, showed up to the hospital when I was having AJ with this ring and gave it to Jake to give to me. It was a $400 ring from Sam's Club.  A lot happened after that to leave a bad taste in my mouth about the whole situation but we couldn't afford anything else and all that mattered was that I was marrying my best friend. I told him he could have got me a $20 ring from Dillards for all I care. The ring wasn't the important thing. The important thing is that we were getting married! We ended up buying a double band to go around my ring and paid back Crazy for the Sam's Club ring so we could wash our hands of her and the whole situation.
Back in December, I had stopped wearing my wedding ring because I have gained so much weight that it was too tight and hurt when I wore it haha! I went to put it on about a month ago and I can not find it ANYWHERE! I've torn my car, purses, bedroom, everywhere I can think of apart looking for it and can't find it so Jake and I went to Kay Jewelers
looking for something simple to replace it for now but then I saw this ring that I had come across a couple of years ago and showed it to Jake. Today he took me in there to see about buying the 2 outer bands but then he surprised me and bought the whole thing! It's 3 separate bands, the center band is 3 carats, the outer bands are 1 carat, 4 total carats! I am still in shock.
 Jake and I have been together for coming up on 8 years, and we'll be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary in May. We have been through a lot together, good and bad. We work on our relationship daily and I am grateful for that. Jake is one of the hardest working men I've ever met. He is a great father, husband and friend and I thank God every day for bringing him into my life. Things aren't perfect but whose relationship is? I love how much he loves me and my kids!  Thank you babe! Love you always!


No comments:

Post a Comment